DRT-Int.com offers the cheapest shipping rates and services to and from Pakistan! Here are some facts about Pakistan and the reason why DRT International has singled out Pakistan as an emerging market and a country exporters should seriously consider:
Pakistan is currently our 62nd largest goods trading partner with $5.3 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2013. Goods exports totaled $1.6 billion; Goods imports totaled $3.7 billion. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Pakistan was $2.0 billion in 2013.
Export Details Pakistan:
- Pakistan was the United States’ 69th largest goods export market in 2013.
- U.S. goods exports to Pakistan in 2013 were $1.6 billion, up 7.7% ($117 million) from 2012, and up 95% from 2003.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2013 were: Machinery ($298 million), Cotton, Yarn and Fabric ($185 million), Ironand Steel ($174 million), Aircraft ($133 million), and Electrical Machinery ($112 million).
- U.S. exports of agricultural products to Pakistan totaled $374 million in 2013. Leading categories include: cotton ($185 million), dairy products ($38 million), and planting seeds ($37 million).
Imports Details Pakistan:
- Pakistan was the United States’ 56th largest supplier of goods imports in 2013.
- U.S. goods imports from Pakistan totaled $3.7 billion in 2013, a 1.6% increase ($59 million) from 2012, and up 46% from 2003.
- The five largest import categories in 2013 were: Miscellaneous Textile Products ($1.3 billion), Knit Apparel ($954 million),
Woven Apparel ($543 million), Cotton and Yarn and Fabric ($114 million), and Leather ($107 million).
From Pakistan to US East Coast and US West Coast their strength, major commodities to these trade lanes are Garments and General Department Store Merchandise like clothing, electronics, etc.. Food Stuff is also one of the frequent moving commodity towards USA and can be targeted as well. We are the top loaders for SAFMARINE, MSC, UASC and Hapag Lloyd hence our rates are quite sharp.
Pakistan exports largely to the major ports of USEC and USWC as below:
- New York
- Los Angeles
- Port Everglades
- Haulage ports too (such as Detroit, Miami, Chicago, Memphis….etc.)
We have good rates for the above base ports and our main export are in Textile goods, Garments, Towels (CP Goods), other general cargo. We can focus on these customers and build up our sales biz together for mutual profit.. Some goods that we import from the US are Used clothing, Steel Scrap… etc.
Where competitive services and reliability is concerned DRT International has a couple of advantages on that too and can provide our best services at a very cost effective rate. We are the tier-one customers for many carriers in Pakistan and we have quite good rates filed with them because of our good volume, secondly sometimes in cases of eleventh hour bookings we can even accommodate the customers shipment on the nearest cut-off vessel (i.e. Closest to cut-off) based on good relations with the shipping lines here, thirdly generally in the case of peak season time when there is a lot of space constraint and container availability issues we can provide customers with space guarantees and good services, and last but not the least we can also provide the customers with a complete ‘One-window solution’ package (End to End service from door to door) if required.
Contact DRT today for more information about Pakistan or for a free quote you can fill out the “Free Quote” form and then submit.